Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kara Hendershot - Daydreamer 2009

“I live in my art studio/loft in downtown St. Paul with my boyfriend Josh and my 2 cats. I paint late at night, when it feels like the rest of the world is asleep. I am beginning to make a small splash in the local art scene, as I search for new ways to exhibit and promote my work throughout the Twin Cities. Having recently taken up an internship at an awesome Minneapolis gallery, I am eager to further connect myself to the local art scene. I enjoy living here, although Minnesota can definitely be a strange place! But I've learned that the Twin Cities can be great or small, it is what you make of it. I have met some really great people here. This art shit consumes a lot of my time, but I still have to wait tables at a local brew pub to help pay the bills. I hope to find more time to create art. However, my job connects me to awesome co-workers who are extremely fun to work with! Every day at "work" is like going to the playground. Hmm, maybe someday I'll have a real job.”

See: www.mnartists.org/Kara_Hendershot

[Acrylic and oil on 5 canvasses, 70 x 60 inches]

No comments:

Post a Comment